This year at NAMM15, we decided on showing the full range of Yamaha products and what they can add to a drummer's playing zone. This first article features the Yamaha marching and concert products - the new for 2015, and the already available. New this year are the 3300 Series Timpani and the 'Bell kit', better known as the new SCK-350 student percussion kit. A Yamaha Surprise kit would be a better description if you look at all that is in the package. Two more videos are added of all the Yamaha concert toms and marching percussion products at NAMM 2015.
Yamaha 3300 Series Timpani The 3300 Series timpani integrate features from Yamaha’s top of the line timpani to provide world class sound in a portable and easy to operate model. Special features are the new optimized spring design for the pedal adjustment clutch and the larger casters with new locks. It has easily retractable pedals and a lightweight aluminum bowl.
The pricing ranges from $3,448 to $15,192 and the timpani are sold individually and in sets of two or four.
The Bell Kit Also new is the 'All-In-One Student Percussion Set'. The kit includes a 13" x 3" Maple shell snare drum and an aluminum bell marimba set in F57 to C88 range. To provide a realistic playing and educational experience, no note names are indicated on the marimba bell bars, which begin on F rather than a G to reduce confusion for beginners and increase scale options.
The package also comes with an 8" tunable practice drum pad, a stand with a snare basket and a stand for the bells, a music rack, mallets and Vic Firth drumsticks, all of which fits into a stylish soft combination backpack/rolling case that is easy to take anywhere.
The Yamaha videos The four videos show you the following products.
Yamaha 3300 Series Timpani
The Bell kit
Concert Toms, with:
- CT-8000 Series single headed concert toms with the YESS Mount System
- CT-9000 series double headed drums with the YESS Mount System
- CB-7000 Series Bass Drum, available in 28", 32" and 36" diameters
- CB-9000 Series Bass Drum, available in 36"x22"
Yamaha Marching Percussion, with:
- 8300 series marching toms
- The 'Shorty' 14"x9" Piccolo SFZ (Sforzando) marching snare drum
- 8300 series marching bass drum that is available in 10 different sizes
- Carriers for marching drums, xylophones, bells, and keyboards, made by Randall May International
- Power-Lite Series for younger students. Or as Yamaha describes it: for non-competitive marching programs requiring less weight from their equipment.