All of Sonor's hardware lines (100, 200, 400 and 500 series) were completely redesigned and merged into three series: the 2000, 4000 and 6000 series. New DT 6000 RT / ST models are on their way to herald the all-new 6000 Series Hardware before the next NAMM Show in January 2015. The idea was to get the pricing down and the specs up. Starting with the stands, drum thrones and tom holders, the pedals will follow with the complete transformation and merging. Among the new features are a 8mm thread, which is an industry standard nowadays.
Sonor's new 2000 series hardware - designed for the price conscious player - and 4000 series - the midrange workhorse line - consist of a number of new items and new features including:
- new wing screw (taken from the German made hardware) for better grip
- new rubber feet design for maximum stability
- cymbal stands with retractable, knurled boom arm
- snare drum stands with gearless basket adjustment
- drum thrones include the tuning key holder
Lightweight and low level versions of the 2000 series are also available.
The new 4000 hardware series now also features a gearless cymbal tilter and new 2-segment tube clamp plus the tom arms now come with flexible open ball clamp, short hex rod
The first items of the all-new 6000 Series Hardware show top designs and an improved base result in maximum seating comfort and stability with the DT 6000 RT Round Top and the DT 6000 ST Saddle Top model. Other features in this hardware range are:
- new 2-segment top / tube clamp
- spindle drive
- reinforced brace connection