- Deep Purple was recording their new album using a mobile recording studio the band rented from the Rolling Stones.
- The fire in the casino burned down all the equipment of Zappa's band (not a fun fact, really...)
- Ian Paice described Ritchie Blackmore's guitar riff for Smoke on the Water as "gloriously simple and wonderfully satisfying."
- The first live version of Smoke on the Water appeared on the band's 2nd live album 'Made in Japan'
- Ian Paice was presented with a Lifetime Achievement Award by the Buddy Rich Memorial Foundation
- On 7 August 2020, Deep Purple is releasing their 21st studio album called Whoosh!
- Neil Peart, the legendary Rush drummer who passed away on 1 January 2020, produced two albums in recognition of Buddy Rich. The two volumes called 'Burning for Buddy - A Tribute to the Music of Buddy Rich' features a range of big names, and are a perfect start if you want to start listening to Buddy Rich's music. The artists on the albums, and dvd are Bill Bruford, Billy Cobham, Buddy Rich, Dave Weckl, David Garibaldi, Ed Shaughnessy, Gregg Bissonette, Joe Morello, Kenny Aronoff, Manu Katché, Marvin "Smitty" Smith, Matt Sorum, Max Roach, Mino Cinelu, Neil "S.S. The Professor" Peart, Omar Hakim, Rod Morgenstein, Simon Phillips, Steve Ferrone, Steve Gadd and Steve Smith.
The ultimate drummer index, designed for mobile first.
© Drummerszone.com 2002-2022 Drummerszone.com is a Musicpublishers.nl website.
Oops, you're not logged in!
The more you like
the more you get!