"Guitars That Ate My Brain", a dozen mind-altering instrumentals from today's most accomplished metal axe grinders -- a twelve-headed hydra of monster guitar riffage that slashes, shreds and gnaws its way into your very psyche -- rides the lightning with enough electrifying precision to scorch and scramble your gray matter.
Despite the shifting tempos and uniquely frightening technical prowess of these speed demons, a strange cohesion connects the disparate (some might call them distressing) tracks on this mammoth compilation, as if these explosive, multi-layered instrumentals were largely the work of one multi-dimensional (and quite disturbed) musical personality. In other words, true metal madness.
show full notes
artists Guitars That Ate My Brain
01. Boot Dagger Boogie by Paul Waggoner [Between The Buried And Me]
02. The Life and Times of Sir Walter Sickert by Kris Norris [Darkest Hour]
03. Hybrid Angels by Dave Martone
04. Disengaged by Ron Thal (aka "Bumblefoot") [Guns 'n Roses]
05. The Unwavering Collapse by Eyal Levi and Emil Werstler [Daath]
06. Artichoke Samurai by Shane Gibson [Korn]
07. Nerd Alert by Devin Townsend [Strapping Young Lad]
08. L.D.E. - by Chris Poland [Ohm]
09. Hydra by Ola Frenning and Christofer Malmstr?m [Soilwork/Darkane]
10. Stomped by Mike Orlando
11. Maiden Voyage by James Murphy [Testament]
12. Schr?dinger's Cat Paradox by Hugues Lefebvre and Yann Mouhad [Anthropia]