Hawthorne, CA, subtitled Birthplace of a Musical Legacy, is the second anthology collection by The Beach Boys and released through Capitol Records. A double-compact disc, it was put together after the positive reaction to the Endless Harmony Soundtrack to give hardcore Beach Boys fans more rarities and alternate versions of well-known songs. The collection features spoken word tracks from different band members recorded throughout the 1990s during production of the Endless Harmony documentary, as well as a clip from a 1969 radio show. Home recordings dating back to 1960 and a backing track from 1973's "Sail On, Sailor" were also included. It never charted in either the United States or the United Kingdom, and it is currently out of print.
show full notes
artists Hawthorne, CA
01. Mike Love Introduced Surfin' 02:26
02. 3701 West 119th Street, Hawthorne, California: The Surfin' Rehearsal - Remastered 2001 00:51
03. Happy Birthday Four Freshmen - Remastered 2001 00:43
04. Mike On Brian's Harmonies 03:13
05. Their Hearts Were Full Of Spring - Live / Remastered 04:10