Ex-Stereophonics drummer Stuart Cable apparently choked to death on his own vomit after a three-day drinking binge. According to BBC News, the inquest in Aberdare, Wales confirmed a verdict of accidental death.
click all images (1)
Stuart Cable, 40, a much-loved character among musicians and fans, had so much alcohol in his system it was regarded as toxic.
The drummer had eaten a Chinese takeaway meal at home after another heavy drinking session at a local pub on June 6 this year. He continued drinking afterwards and was left downstairs asleep on the carpet by his partner and a friend when they went to bed.
Stuart was found unconscious on the floor of his luxury home in Llwydcoed, Aberdare, south Wales, in the early hours of the following morning.
Partner Rachel Jones, who had come downstairs to check on him at about 5.30 am, ran hysterically into the street in her dressing gown. In a bizarre twist, she flagged down the first car she saw to find Aaron Cable at the wheel, a cousin of the drummer\'s on the way to work in Pembrokeshire.
Aaron Cable went into the house and saw his famous relative unconscious on the floor. An ambulance was called but when paramedics arrived they were no more successful at reviving him than his relative.
The drummer was taken to hospital where he was later pronounced dead.