A graduate of the Conservatory of Hacettepe University, Teymuralp Merter Fosforoglu's professional career started with Ankara State Opera and Ballet in 1993. He was also a music performer with Ankara State Theatres in 1994. After completing 10 years of compulsory percussion and 7 years at the Conservatory of Hacettepe University, he joined the Bilkent Academic Symphony Orchestra at Bilkent University as a multi percussionist in 1995.
During that period, Teymuralp Merter Fosforoglu also started his Soloist Multi Percussionist Master Class Studies. From 1995 to 1998, he tutored at The Music and Fine Arts Department of METU (Middle East Technical University.) Fosforoglu graduated with his solo percussionist master’s degree in 1998. From 1995 to 2006, he was a member of the Bilkent Academic Symphony Orchestra.
Teymuralp Merter Fosforoglu studied Afro Cuban styles with world-class percussionist Luis Conte and Alex Acuna. He also studied world percussion (drum set, North African and arabic style frame drumming, Japanese taiko drumming, Cuban rhythms, Brazilian rhythms, West African drumming and dance, Afro Colombian drumming, Electronic drums and percussion, music technology, and rhythm section performance) with Chester Thompson, Don Famularo, Mario Monaco, Cyro Baptista, Glen Velez,, Ignacio Berroa, Mario De Ciutiis, Marc Dicciani, Memo Acevedo, Kenwood Dennard, Marco Lienhard, Aldo Mazza, Bobby Sanabria, Rajna Swaminathan, and Michael Wimberly.
Teymuralp Merter Fosforoglu's works include:
• Performed and recorded with Bilkent Academic Symphony Orchestra 1995-2006
• He played for artists such a Tuna Ötenel, Yarkin Percussion, Luis Conte, Peter Ustinov, Fazil Say, Mario Monaco, Ilhan Sesen, Luis Bacalov,Idil Biret, Gurel Aykal, Suna Kan and many more...
• Directed and composed music of Vagina Monologues, a theatrical play, also he wrote 'Percussion history and Afro Cuban Latin Style Techniques' book
• Founded Piramit Arts Academy,Metronom Arts Academy,Gökkusagi Arts Academy,Pan Sanat Academy.
• Played with Fazil Say, pianist and composer, as a Soloist Percussionist, at Lucerne, Switzerland, at the world premiere for Albert Einstein's Memorial 2005.
• Solo Percussionist, dvd recording of Nazim Hikmet Oratoryo, composed and performed by Fazil Say at Aspendos, Antalya.
• Performed over 700 concerts with numerous groups in Turkey, Germany, Belgium, Italy, Portugal, Switzerland, Greece, Japan and USA, and still performing...
• Producer and performer of Introduction to 'Afro Cuban Latin Percussion Technique' dvd and he tutored at The Rock School Turkey and performer of Percussion Workshop, a first in Turkey, sponsored by The British Counsil.