There is no inventory or assembly line for the Masterworks series. You litterally design your own kit that is hand-built for you. If you want to talk about custom drums, this is it from one of the largest brands in the industry.
- Choose Maple, Birch, African Mahogany or a Composite Shell
- Choose the thickness of your shells
- Masterworks wood snare drums can be ordered with 1-20 ply shells with any number of wood combinations and bearing edges
- Bearing Edges: 45°, Round 45° or FullRound
- Hardware finishes: Chrome, Gold, or Black Chrome plated
- MasterCast Die-Cast Hoop and Super Hoop II
- BRL Lugs, Bridge Lugs or STL Swivel Tube Lugs
- An infinite amount of finish possibilities
New options for 2015 include
- an inner-shell Fiberglass treatment for increased tonal projection and a host of new finishes,
- including varieties of carbon fiber banding and finishing,
- a nearly-limitless array of satin, gloss, and metallic lacquers.
- the Swivel Tube Lug (or STL lug,) is now available on toms as a single swivel nut to reduce the lug's footprint on the shell
- the Redline crimson shell gaskets are available as a custom option